Monday, March 26, 2012

Night, Sickness and Silence

Night, sickness and silence. These are my latest fears. They are most gripping and keep my crying out to Jesus for peace. I most often wish for the morning to come quickly and the bustle of life to surround me. I sometimes look for distraction, (books, t.v, journaling) because I really don't like the silence and the beating of my own heart as I lay awake trembling. I pray desperately for Sophia to be seizure free and for the illness to pass without complications and for Jesus to bring peace over this night and the circumstances. Sickness set in on Sophia, (again) in the form of the common cold. She is having a tough time breathing and it makes her restless and uncomfortable. Low grade fever, I'm left with concern and watch for a seizure, since this is when they seem to appear. She talks in her sleep and I listen to her murmuring. Then she says, very clear, "Papa". I cry and find God reassuring me to close my eyes and trust Him. "Abba, Father," hears my prayer and I understand worry won't change a thing, so I trust Him and He brings me peace and I drift back to sleep. He is whispering in my ear and this time I hear the beating of His heart and I find rest, deep rest, in this night, sickness and silence.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for speaking about something so many of us, especially women, seem to really wrestle with...learning to entrust our children to Him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Amy, thank you! I've been so thankful for "the wrestle", I find the tightest embrace from God. Good to see your face on my blog, I miss you.

      Delete
  2. Janet,
    I love this and I love you. I will think of you when I am up in the night, but more importantly I will pray that you are sleeping sweetly and that beautiful Sophia is breathing easy and resting seizure free.

    I love that she said "Papa". That blesses this praying mama's heart, and Janet the faith that you carry, knowing it is a message for YOUR heart. Peace, healing and joy.. come in the morning, in our sweet Jesus' Name. Amen! Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in our sweet Jesus' name! I'm learning to have a Jesus alert instead of a seizure alert........... loveu2!

      Delete
    2. I love that! a Jesus alert instead, is way better :0) I was talking with Christina tonight about her seizures, and thought of you and Sophia.. Christina no longer has to seizure at night alone, now that her husband is there and (who normally sleeps through everything) knows when she has one, because her breathing changes/ She said it is like she has a tangible Jesus wrapping his arms around her as she journeys through the episode... I am glad Sophia has you to wrap up in and know she is safe. You are very much on my mind, so I pray on. Love and hugs. Jen

      Delete