Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Living in the Woods

This.
This has been in my mind and on my heart, for a very long time.
This was something I wish I could have written but I didn't, now glad to see someone else did.
This was like walking into a Hallmark store and reading a card and thinking...how were they were able to read my mind?

This one hit home. While living in the woods, I'm thankful God is with me, casting back the fears that lurk here.

"This is is why we’re stressed out and why we can’t completely relax. This is why we may find it hard to listen to people talk about the more typical concerns of parenting and why we sometimes seem flaky or uninterested. This is why, no matter how good things are going, we have a hard time not living like we’re waiting for the other shoe to drop. Even when everything appears to be safe, we never feel like we’re out of the proverbial woods because mentally, we can never really leave the woods. It’s all we’ve known since our medically complex children entered our lives, and we can’t erase the memories we’ve made there. We see terrifying and devastating things happen to the friends we’ve met while living in the woods, and we understand those things could happen to us too. Next time, it could be us."


This article, in it's entirety, can be found on Themighty.com

When Your Medically Complex Child Is Never Really 'Out of the Woods'




No comments:

Post a Comment